Monday, August 23, 2010

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Well here goes NOTHING :-)!!! I put on my facebook page that I was going to make a HUGE annoucement and well here it is . . . I have hired an assistant, Amanda Livingston, to help me out with editing photoz to get me caught up!! I am behind on editing EIGHT photo shoots, the steer photoz from the fair, Relay for Life photoz and one wedding . . . so I'm soooo super SWAMPED with editing photoz that it's soooo NOT funny!!!!! I strive for PROFESSIONAL quality photoz that you can hang on your wall, but I also LOOOOVE to take random/funny photoz that you can have as memories. So with that said, I give you ALL the photoz that I take!!! Most sessions end up with over 400 photoz . . . and I KNOW that you won't print them all, but after A LOOOOOT of thought and prayers, it's just who I am and I can't change NOT giving them ALL to everyone!!! It's totally the scrapbooker in me, but also doing that I put in A LOOOOT of hours editing ALL your photoz so that's why I'm behind!! Things are going to CHANGE and I won't edit ALL of them, but you will still get ALL of them. I will be changing my prices and charging MORE for ALL the photoz starting next year. I'm excited to work with Amanda and get CAUGHT up!!! She's a GREAT friend of mine and a fellow photographer!! I had to put up this photo of MY family taken by Amberlee Harder, who is also a GREAT friend of mine and an AWESOME photographer!!!! Thankz for this photo Amberlee!!! :-)

I will be doing things a lot differently NEXT year with my business!!! I am sooooo VERY THANKFUL to ALL of you out there for your love and support of my photography business! I've said it a million times and here it is again, NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think my photoz would be this popular and my talent would be in such demand. I LOOOOOVE it!!! It's what I LOVE to do, BUUUUUT it's also taken soooo much time away from my precious family!!!

People ask me how I do it and really . . . I don't!!! My house is a PIG pen . . . I LOOOOVE pigs, but am tired of living like one!!! I have mounds of laundry that doesn't get done or folded (who doesn't right, but REALLY we live out of a clothes basket)!! Bills don't get paid on time because I don't take the time to pay them!! My toliets are growing and I won't even begin to talk about my tile floors!! I'm just way too super busy . . . I spend ALL my time at my computer!! I know it's crazy and I've done it to myself, but I can't deal with this anymore . . .

This is my little Oaklee CRYING because I have just YELLED at her and told her JUST A MINNNNUTE!!! And here is my little MaLayni YELLING at me because I have just YELLED at her for pulling on my computer chair for the millionth time today . . . these two little girls NEED their MOM!!! :-) A mom that is NOT so ornery with them!!

I SOOOO LOOOOOOOVE what I do, but I can't say NO to my family anymore . . . I need to say NO for the rest of the year . . . I'm soooo DONE taking photoz for the year 2010 . . . I'm sorry if you wanted an appointment, but with four weddings and 25 photo sessions on my calendar from now until the middle of November, I just CANNOT take on ONE more session!!! I have to take a break and slow down . . . I miss this little guy all the time, too!! :-(

As most of you know, maybe some of you don't, but I delivered my baby boy, Riley, who was stillborn in May and I still have really ROUGH days and just think I need some time to deal with my emotions and my little Oaklee's problems because of Riley leaving us too soon!! And then here's my GORGEOUS Mom . . . I'm FINALLY going to listen to HER and NOT take on soooo many photo shoots next year and NOT edit soooo many photoz!!!

THANK YOU MOM!!!! I LOVE you and you're the best for believing in me and understanding my TRUE passion for taking photoz!! :-) And then there's this guy that I call my "Cowboy" . . . he needs his wife back . . .

While he's out checking water and our cows or playing with our girls, I am sitting at the computer!! I'm missing out on sooo much with my OWN family!!! I LOOOOOVE all of you and LOOOOVE capturing your memories with my camera and giving you ALL those photoz, but I have to say I LOOOOOVE my family MORE!!!! So what does all this rambling mean . . . well it means that I've had it basically . . . I'm sooo tired of staying up until 3 AM editing photoz, falling into bed exhausted, and then TRYING to wake up in the morning. Crying myself to sleep because I miss my baby boy, but am sooo ornery with my girls . . . and knowing that I'm sooo far behind and then have another photo shoot scheduled for the next day. I'm tired of having to tell my girls NOPE we can't do this and we can't do that because I have too many photoz to edit . . . I'm NOT quitting although I've thought about it. I'm just NOT going to schedule ANY MORE photoz for this year 2010!!! I'm booked until November and then I'm taking December through March OFF!!! I want to learn how to be a better photographer. I want to learn how to edit better and FASTER! I want to just enjoy taking photoz AGAIN because right now it's NOT fun for me anymore and I want my PASSION for it back!! :-) I'm ending this heart felt post with my signature shot . . . me and Matt DIPPING taken by my little Oaklee Rayn!! :-)

Like I said, I'm NOT quitting, just NOT taking on anymore photo shoots this year . . . I will be back from a break hopefully BETTER than I am now and with a new refreshed attitude. I will have NEW prices and NEW print packages and things will just be a LOT different. I have to change things up because right now it's sooo NOT working for me!!! I REALLY do appreciate ALL your love and support. I mean that from the bottom of my heart!!! I LOOOOOVE taking photoz, but just NEED A BREAK . . . well after the four weddings and 25 photo shoots already on my calendar. Thankz everyone! I am referring everyone to my AWESOME photographer friend, Amanda Livingston, here's her link . . . http://www.alivingstonphoto.com/ Tell her I sent ya!! Love ya, Rayni :-)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Rayni! I promise to do my best to take care of anyone that ventures my way. I am so grateful for your friendship and for the journey we have had and for the photos we have taken together. I know you will be back better than ever when your heart is ready to go again. I just want to add two more links to my stuff...

    my blog: http://livingstonphotos.blogspot.com/

    and my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nephi-UT/Livingston-Photography/120393848006?ref=ts

    Love your guts!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Rayni.....you need to do what is best for you and not everyone else. You will still have those that will come to you when you get back and you will be refeshed and ready to take it on. That is one reason that I haven't pushed to hard to start my photo business. I have my family first, maybe when they get bigger I will pursue it more, but as for now a few shoot here and there keep me happy! Good Luck and Best wishes with what ever you do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best on your journey ahead. Good Luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're AMAZING, Rayni, I wish you all the best. You are so strong and an inspiration to those around you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are AMAZING!! Not sure how you keep going especially in your days of loss, but you are a trooper! You are right your family NEEDS you more than anything!! You CAN'T take your photos with you my love but you CAN take your beautiful family. Noone will leave you due to your break, they will be resting and waiting along with you!
    I love you friend, what a great choice you made!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rayni, I'm glad to hear you are finally taking some time for your self!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you my dear! You said it all so PERFECTLY and I know people will understand! HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You seriously made me cry ;)....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you!!! I'm so glad that you are making some changes and spending time with your family. They come first as well as taking care of yourself :)

    I had to learn that myself last Fall... Good Luck with the rest of your shoots and weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THANK YOU to each ONE of you!!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate your LOVE and SUPPORT!!! I promise to come back refreshed and BETTER after a little break . . . if I can take one LOL :-)!!! Photoz are my passion and if I'm not shooting for my business I'm taking photoz for my 365 scrapbook, so I take photoz EVERY DAY!!! :-) THANKZ again . . . hugs to each one of ya!!! Love ya, Rayni :-)

    ReplyDelete